Web Design/webpage for tablets etc

Hi Kevin,
I am working on a website design project. I am a designer and not a coder, but understand html code, CSS and javascript (can't hand code though). The client wants that the webpage should be optimized for PC, handheld/tablet, etc.
Could you please let me know what software can I use thats the best to generate flawless html code and website looks great not only on pc & laptops but also on smart phones and tablets.

You might want to start here:
then here:

there are a a lot more resources so you might want to use google. hope that helps!

Web Design

I can answer questions regarding to blogging, new media, wordpress, usability, problogging, online and console gaming, html, cross browser design issues, layout techniques and graphic optimization.

Currently serving as the Editor in Chief for New Media of the highest ranked Philippine Website as per Alexa. Also the Owner of the premier gaming and entertainment blog in the Philippines. Past: Professional Web designer with experience in the development of corporate/commercial sites and more than a dozen non profit/NDA websites.

UP Diliman

3x Philippines Webby Award Winner