Web Design/problems with links

Question
I learned my "limited" web construction on Front Page and I know it is now obsolete and my host does not want to continue using it so I have been trying out Dreamweaver.  
I have a number of links on the bottom of my Index page and when I select that section and try to put it on the bottom of the other pages all the links do not transfer.  Since that means linking about 1600 items . whew!  How can I get the links to go with my copy paste.  
The web site I'm working on is one that I opened from from my old site from Front Page in my documents and made changes.  When I check the links in the number #2 page it references the link from the original web site, not the new link from my new Index page.

Is there a way I can carry my new links with the new web site?
thanks, hope this makes sense.

Answer
Hi Lyn - I loved Frontpage back in the day - it was one of the first editors that made web design easier for non-techies.  Here's what I'd do:

- Open the OLD website in your browser and use the "View - Source" function.   
- Find the code at the bottom of the page with all the link html that you need to copy.  
- Select that code & paste into a text editor, then use the search & replace function (CTRL-F) to find the old address and replace it with the new address.  For example:  SEARCH the text for the old domain "http://www.OLDSITE.com" and REPLACE with "http://www.NEWSITE.com".
- Copy the replaced text to your clipboard.
- Then in DW open up your page (in code view) and paste the copied code where you'd like the links to show up.

That should do it.

I hope this helps - have a great weekend.

Ken

Web Design

Ken Ivey