Web Design/redirect and seo and first page importance.

i see many first pages that are short with little content. Does google and other search engine put more importance on the first page ofyour website or does it look at the site as a whole?

thank you for your complete answer!   if we found a good domain name like
which is a good long tail keyword phrase will we increase of chances of being seen on the web if we just REDIRECT that domain to our main domain  we dont have time to build a whole new webiste for that new name. is ok just to direct that new name to our main site?

Google does put more importance on first pages, because they are the "cover" for the site and its index source. Little to no content, flash images, videos, big special effect animations, all essentially destroy or stand in the way of being indexed.  

Web Design

David Somerfleck

I've been developing professional-level websites for small-to-medium businesses since (at least) 1998. I can answer any questions related to WordPress, website development, training, eCommerce, set up, marketing, social media integration, business management, and small business development as it pertains to integrating internet marketing, and Search Engine Optimization.

I have 10 years' experience developing websites for small to medium sized businesses, have successfully started two profitable businesses on my own, and have been training people from all walks of life in web design, SEO, and WordPress since 2010. I have a BA in English, and also have worked as a professional journalist, copywriter, editor, and educator.

Aurora Chamber of Commerce Colorado Technology Association The Internet Society Freelancers Union International Webmasters Association Denver Better Business Bureau Colorado Small Business Development Center Network Denver Metro Volunteers SCORE Denver Foothills United Way Denver IT Alliance former member Society of Professional Journalists Investigative Reporters and Editors American Federation of Teachers

Gulfshore Business magazine Naples Daily News Cape Coral Daily Breeze Fort Myers Neighbor newspaper

BA, English 10 years' experience in web design 10 years' experience in educational program management and teaching Training people in WordPress, web design, and SEO best practices since 2010

Published in over 50 periodicals

AOL Caribou Coffee Ruby Moon Investigations Even Flow Coffee small to medium businesses and startups across the US