Web Design/redirect and seo and first page importance.

Question
i see many first pages that are short with little content. Does google and other search engine put more importance on the first page ofyour website or does it look at the site as a whole?

thank you for your complete answer!   if we found a good domain name like  cookigitalianfoodinitaly.com
which is a good long tail keyword phrase will we increase of chances of being seen on the web if we just REDIRECT that domain to our main domain cookingclassesinbologna.com?  we dont have time to build a whole new webiste for that new name. is ok just to direct that new name to our main site?

Answer
Marv,

Google does put more importance on first pages, because they are the "cover" for the site and its index source. Little to no content, flash images, videos, big special effect animations, all essentially destroy or stand in the way of being indexed.  

Web Design

David Somerfleck