Web Design/seo

Im at  www.cookingclassesinbologna.com
I want to know when i make a first page on my website i know content is important but many templates only allow for limited text and then u have to hit READ MORE... so there is not much content space..

What is the theory for SEO. if u just have a slider and basic info on page one does that mean that you wont rank high because you dont have a lot of content?

Hi Marv, great question.

The truth is, major search engines generally use over 300 ranking signals, so while having lots of text on the home page is okay, it's not necessarily the most important.

Having a home page that is interesting and directs people to other content on your website IS important - so do your best to create a great user experience and share good information.  Things like videos are also good for SEO, so don't forget to create social media channels where you can share links to pages on your website that have video content.

Encourage others to share your content on social media as well - make it very easy for them to do so, and this will go a long way toward increasing your search engine visibility.

Hope this helps  -  Have a great day - Ken

Web Design

Ken Ivey

I've been developing websites for almost 20 years. If you have questions like these, I can help! Should I try this myself or hire a professional? What tools do I need? How do I sell products online? How do I make money with my website? Can I create a website without buying expensive software? How do I design a website FAST? How do I market my website? Is a BLOG a website? How do I put video on my website? What is website hosting? When will search engines find my website? OK, I've found a site I like - but now what? Can I make my website a subscription site?

I have over 20 years of practical experience with web-related issues, and some military computer training. I've worked for a computer manufacturer, and own a small technology company specializing in web-design, hosting, and internet media production. I am the webmaster of several sites, and e-newsletter editor for Rotary District 6760 which is comprised of 65 clubs throughout middle Tennessee.

I'd like to say a diploma from a revered educational facility hangs on my wall, and perhaps someday it will. In reality, everything I know has been self-taught, much of it done so in the hallowed halls of that venerable institution called "The School of Hard Knocks". (I have taken courses at a local community college, and received military computer programming training as well.)