Web Design/wp design

1. How do high traffic websites re-design their websites while it is online without disrupting viewer's experience? Do they first work on a clone website?
2. Also my programmer can not figure out how to make a responsive site's text the same size holding an iphone vertically and horizontally. Do you know how?

1. High traffic website re-design their websites while they are online. When they are ready to make the switch, they simply activate the new theme/design/template that has all the changes in it. This is more easily done with WordPress than any other Content Management System.

2. The programmer can make text the same size regardless of how it is held, but s/he would have to do some work on the CSS and PHP and HTML coding to make it this way or simply update the theme to a newer version that includes these changes. Updating should only take a few minutes depending on the number of changes.

Unfortunately, I can't offer individualized instruction in this context but use it to answer questions directly and help guide people in the right direction when possible.

I'd ask your developer/programmer for some guidance on how to make site updates and if s/he is inexperienced in this area, or unsure how to proceed, than I would consider seeking an experienced developer locally who has references from verifiable sources (most amateur or new developers don't have this), live sites, a before and after section or work they can show you, some professional associations or affiliations, and a portfolio. These requirements are how consumers can quickly separate experienced professionals from those not as experienced.

Hope that helps.  

Web Design

David Somerfleck

I've been developing professional-level websites for small-to-medium businesses since (at least) 1998. I can answer any questions related to WordPress, website development, training, eCommerce, set up, marketing, social media integration, business management, and small business development as it pertains to integrating internet marketing, and Search Engine Optimization.

I have 10 years' experience developing websites for small to medium sized businesses, have successfully started two profitable businesses on my own, and have been training people from all walks of life in web design, SEO, and WordPress since 2010. I have a BA in English, and also have worked as a professional journalist, copywriter, editor, and educator.

Aurora Chamber of Commerce Colorado Technology Association The Internet Society Freelancers Union International Webmasters Association Denver Better Business Bureau Colorado Small Business Development Center Network Denver Metro Volunteers SCORE Denver Foothills United Way Denver IT Alliance former member Society of Professional Journalists Investigative Reporters and Editors American Federation of Teachers

Gulfshore Business magazine Naples Daily News Cape Coral Daily Breeze Fort Myers Neighbor newspaper

BA, English 10 years' experience in web design 10 years' experience in educational program management and teaching Training people in WordPress, web design, and SEO best practices since 2010

Published in over 50 periodicals

AOL Caribou Coffee Ruby Moon Investigations Even Flow Coffee small to medium businesses and startups across the US