Web Design/web page

Hello David: I am not sure what category to ask this question in. I am using a template to build a website to sell some products online. I need to put a data base in the template for customer's addresses. I do not know how to go about this? I need some help and advice.
thank you

Denver WordPress Web Design
Denver WordPress Web D  

Teaching an eCommerce class at Denver Public Library
Teaching an eCommerce  

I have no way of knowing what template you're using (and it really should not matter), nor do I know for sure if you're using WordPress as your Content Management System. Regardless, you should still be able to have a fine eCommerce site. The eCommerce program or platform you use determines the quality (and reliability) of the overall end result. If a professional developer is setting it up for you, that developer should ideally know what they're doing and be able to answer all questions. If you're doing it yourself, I would recommend using Ecwid.com as it is (in my professional opinion) one of the most flexible eCommerce programs out there today that works easily with any design (also called a theme or template by some) and works through Amazon's servers so all the data is saved, backed-up regularly and never slows down or crashes your own site.

Many developers are "married" to their preferred eCommerce solution. Because eCommerce can take very long to program accurately (and developers need to know shipping costs, addresses, banking routes and account information and product/service costs and return policies from their clients and asking for this information from many clients is often difficult for them to answer), many developers find an eCommerce program or platform that works for them and they try to become experts in it. We at Sudden Impact Web Design.com love Ecwid. It works flawlessly, has good support, and we can also train clients in online store upkeep as well.

So, whatever you decide to do is of course a personal choice, but that's what we prefer using. I would suggest using Ecwid, signing up for a basic account at first, as you work out product or service costs, taxes, your refund/exchange/lost item policies, shipping/receiving, where to get product images, and so forth.

Hope that helps clarify things, and if you have more questions, let me know.  

Web Design

David Somerfleck

I've been developing professional-level websites for small-to-medium businesses since (at least) 1998. I can answer any questions related to WordPress, website development, training, eCommerce, set up, marketing, social media integration, business management, and small business development as it pertains to integrating internet marketing, and Search Engine Optimization.

I have 10 years' experience developing websites for small to medium sized businesses, have successfully started two profitable businesses on my own, and have been training people from all walks of life in web design, SEO, and WordPress since 2010. I have a BA in English, and also have worked as a professional journalist, copywriter, editor, and educator.

Aurora Chamber of Commerce Colorado Technology Association The Internet Society Freelancers Union International Webmasters Association Denver Better Business Bureau Colorado Small Business Development Center Network Denver Metro Volunteers SCORE Denver Foothills United Way Denver IT Alliance former member Society of Professional Journalists Investigative Reporters and Editors American Federation of Teachers

Gulfshore Business magazine Naples Daily News Cape Coral Daily Breeze Fort Myers Neighbor newspaper

BA, English 10 years' experience in web design 10 years' experience in educational program management and teaching Training people in WordPress, web design, and SEO best practices since 2010

Published in over 50 periodicals

AOL Caribou Coffee Ruby Moon Investigations Even Flow Coffee small to medium businesses and startups across the US