Web Design/How to create a seating chart for a website?

Question
QUESTION: hi Ken. first of im new to this site, like this is my first ever question.
anyway moving on,im not thinking seating chart as in using microsoft word. im thinking a seating chart for a website something like what this website has

http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-planning/wedding-seating-tables.html

i wanna know how to create something like that, that i can put on a website. like what tool/programming language do i use to create this kind of seating chart, adobe, visual basic? im like totally lost here.

ANSWER: Hi Nadia.

This sort of thing would require some pretty extensive programming skills - unless you're a programmer, I'd just hire someone to do it - maybe someone specializing in Jquery.

That said, if you have a self-hosted Wordpress site, you might try one of these plugins:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=seating+chart

I did a google search as well, and found a paid option - Event Espresso at around $250 USD  :(

https://www.google.com/search?q=wordpress+seating+chart+plugin

There might be other third-party tools associated with party planning or corporate event websites, but you'd have to do some research to find those.

QUESTION: Hi, Ken. Thanks for the reply.
Then it must be difficult because i really don't have extensive programming skills. Im a diploma level intern and the company im interning at seem to expect really high things for me. Yes i saw that wordpress plugin but im not using wordpress unfortunately. So, should i just tell the higher ups that what they are wanting me to do is too high for my level?

Answer
Hi Nadia - yes, I'd tell them that you'd love to help - but at this point in your career you need guidance from a seasoned professional.  Suggest to them that they could hire the project out or buy a third party solution for now.  It's very complicated for a new programmer, especially if the project is time-sensitive.

I hope this helps.    Good luck!    Ken  

Web Design

Ken Ivey