Web Design/wordpress

my left sidebar content text is white. I want to make it black (the background is black only to be able to see it). I checked the style sheet and found no white or #fff color anywhere for text. Do you know how to make it black? Also, do you know how to make the left sidebar wider?  the site is blabido.com

Hi Al -

Typically, if you can't find a specific code for color in a container, it's handed down from a parent rule - so maybe look in the body css?  The sidebar properties would likely also be in the css code, perhaps as a percentage or a hard number like 200px.  You can adjust that in the css, but be sure to compensate in the other container properties so they all equal "100%" or a hard number that would display well on all devices.

If you find it's too hard to adjust - you might want to look for a more flexible theme that does what you want from the start.  :)

I hope this helps - have a great day.

Web Design

Ken Ivey

I've been developing websites for almost 20 years. If you have questions like these, I can help! Should I try this myself or hire a professional? What tools do I need? How do I sell products online? How do I make money with my website? Can I create a website without buying expensive software? How do I design a website FAST? How do I market my website? Is a BLOG a website? How do I put video on my website? What is website hosting? When will search engines find my website? OK, I've found a site I like - but now what? Can I make my website a subscription site?

I have over 20 years of practical experience with web-related issues, and some military computer training. I've worked for a computer manufacturer, and own a small technology company specializing in web-design, hosting, and internet media production. I am the webmaster of several sites, and e-newsletter editor for Rotary District 6760 which is comprised of 65 clubs throughout middle Tennessee.

I'd like to say a diploma from a revered educational facility hangs on my wall, and perhaps someday it will. In reality, everything I know has been self-taught, much of it done so in the hallowed halls of that venerable institution called "The School of Hard Knocks". (I have taken courses at a local community college, and received military computer programming training as well.)