Web Design/wordpress

Question
my site has about 7 plugins and all work perfectly and do important things visually. Is it a concern that sometime in the future some plugins will be updated and will no longer work on my site? Maybe wordpress will update and cause these plugins not to work. I don't know much programming. If these are possible concerns what should I do and how can I prevent my site from going down?

Answer
Realistically this shouldn't be too much of a concern. The plugins that are available, usually, are supported by a community of users who find, troubleshoot and fix issues and errors in the plugins. It IS important to update your plugins for the reasons mentioned above.

Browsers are changing, thankfully. Once used syntax's are now obsolete, enhancements is CSS have rendered some javascript unnecessary. What I'm saying, is that you do need to maintain your website. Updating Wordpress will help with security concerns and updating the plugins will help keep your site looking and acting as you and your users expect. Nothing is guaranteed though, unless you're using paid plugins. Those usually have support people who you could contact who could help you fix the plugin.

At the end of the day though, it's just javacript and PHP... Worst case is that you'd need to hire a developer to fix the problem that arose, any true developer with a few years experience can repair most anything.

If all else fails, post a question here, I'm sure someone would be able to help you.

Web Design

Jamison Mergens