Web Design/wordpress

Question
My home page lists my latest posts and each shows an image. Once that post is opened I want a different image to show on the opened post and not the one on the home page. Is a static home page the only way to do this?

Answer
It sounds like the image is in the content area of the post. Wordpress is set up to get the first xxx characters from the main post and put it on the home page as a summary. Since the home page's source data is the same as the actual post, no, you can't do this.

NOW, wordpress being wordpress, you're almost guaranteed to find a plugin to do what you're after. Check out the following link and let me know if this is what you're after:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Read_More

thanks!

Web Design

Jamison Mergens