Web Design/wordpress

My site main page lists my latest posts and each shows an image. Once that post is opened I want a different image to show on the opened post and not the one on the home page. Is a static home page the only way to do this?

Hi Al.

Usually the images you see are the posts "featured image".  If you'd like another image to show up upon opening the post, just insert another image directly into the post body.

Some themes automatically insert the featured image into the post body as well, meaning that if you followed my instruction, you'd have two images in the body of the post.  In this case, you'd have to contact the theme's author to ask how to disable that feature.

I hope this helps, have a great weekend.

Web Design

Ken Ivey

I've been developing websites for almost 20 years. If you have questions like these, I can help! Should I try this myself or hire a professional? What tools do I need? How do I sell products online? How do I make money with my website? Can I create a website without buying expensive software? How do I design a website FAST? How do I market my website? Is a BLOG a website? How do I put video on my website? What is website hosting? When will search engines find my website? OK, I've found a site I like - but now what? Can I make my website a subscription site?

I have over 20 years of practical experience with web-related issues, and some military computer training. I've worked for a computer manufacturer, and own a small technology company specializing in web-design, hosting, and internet media production. I am the webmaster of several sites, and e-newsletter editor for Rotary District 6760 which is comprised of 65 clubs throughout middle Tennessee.

I'd like to say a diploma from a revered educational facility hangs on my wall, and perhaps someday it will. In reality, everything I know has been self-taught, much of it done so in the hallowed halls of that venerable institution called "The School of Hard Knocks". (I have taken courses at a local community college, and received military computer programming training as well.)