Web Design/wp

my left sidebar content text is white. I want to make it black (the background is black only to be able to see it). I checked the style sheet and found no white or #fff color anywhere for text. Do you know how to make it black? Also, do you know how to make the left sidebar wider?

Denver WordPress Design, Denver, Colorado
Denver WordPress Desig  

Denver WordPress Training
Denver WordPress Train  
To make text black using HTML just type it like so <b> and then type the hashtag sign followed by six zeroes. I can type it in here in my answer to you, but the editor may mess it up. Here goes: <font color="#000000>content goes here</font color>. That should do the trick, but keep in mind here that you did not give a website URL (tech-speak for website address) so without looking at your source code to see what you actually did, we have no way of knowing for certain what is there or why it's there as it is.

To make the left sidebar wider, you would have to tinker with fairly extensive PHP and CSS coding, which is going to depend on the theme you're using as to how it's going to come out, function, and look. That would take time to do what I call a "diagnostic" check on and then come up with a solution and kind of takes more time. Perhaps you're using a Genesis framework or some other pre-purchased theme? If that's the case, you should be able to post the more time-consuming portion of the question to their support forum and get home (if they provide it for you and that's what you're working with).

Hope that helps somewhat! If it does help, feel free to go to http://www.facebook.com/suddenimpactweb and give us a "like."  

Web Design

David Somerfleck

I've been developing professional-level websites for small-to-medium businesses since (at least) 1998. I can answer any questions related to WordPress, website development, training, eCommerce, set up, marketing, social media integration, business management, and small business development as it pertains to integrating internet marketing, and Search Engine Optimization.

I have 10 years' experience developing websites for small to medium sized businesses, have successfully started two profitable businesses on my own, and have been training people from all walks of life in web design, SEO, and WordPress since 2010. I have a BA in English, and also have worked as a professional journalist, copywriter, editor, and educator.

Aurora Chamber of Commerce Colorado Technology Association The Internet Society Freelancers Union International Webmasters Association Denver Better Business Bureau Colorado Small Business Development Center Network Denver Metro Volunteers SCORE Denver Foothills United Way Denver IT Alliance former member Society of Professional Journalists Investigative Reporters and Editors American Federation of Teachers

Gulfshore Business magazine Naples Daily News Cape Coral Daily Breeze Fort Myers Neighbor newspaper

BA, English 10 years' experience in web design 10 years' experience in educational program management and teaching Training people in WordPress, web design, and SEO best practices since 2010

Published in over 50 periodicals

AOL Caribou Coffee Ruby Moon Investigations Even Flow Coffee small to medium businesses and startups across the US