Web Design/web advertising

i have advertised some years back with goggle maps i don't know what they were called at the time  last year when google called i told them i no longer need their advertising due to a short term illness.
This was a mistake as i have now recovered.

When i advertised i realized that only local people called, roughly
response was 1 per month

is there any possibility to be seen on front page maps when people searched from different areas

if so does google allow same company to appear in different locations

Hi onder -

"Google maps" morphed into "Google+ Local" briefly - now it's "Google My Business".

You don't pay Google for this service - what you likely paid for was Google Adwords so your business could be found in search results OR a third party to help you get listed in Google Maps.

You can check out http://www.google.com/business/ for more information on this.

Regarding being see on "front page maps" from different areas - yes, you can.  Google does allow the same company (with multiple locations) to be seen in those locations.  They typically don't show ONE company with ONE location in multiple locations however, unless there are very few results in those locations for companies nearer the location searched.

The best way to be seen on the maps is to optimize your website with key (and related) search terms.

I hope this helps - Ken

Web Design

Ken Ivey

I've been developing websites for almost 20 years. If you have questions like these, I can help! Should I try this myself or hire a professional? What tools do I need? How do I sell products online? How do I make money with my website? Can I create a website without buying expensive software? How do I design a website FAST? How do I market my website? Is a BLOG a website? How do I put video on my website? What is website hosting? When will search engines find my website? OK, I've found a site I like - but now what? Can I make my website a subscription site?

I have over 20 years of practical experience with web-related issues, and some military computer training. I've worked for a computer manufacturer, and own a small technology company specializing in web-design, hosting, and internet media production. I am the webmaster of several sites, and e-newsletter editor for Rotary District 6760 which is comprised of 65 clubs throughout middle Tennessee.

I'd like to say a diploma from a revered educational facility hangs on my wall, and perhaps someday it will. In reality, everything I know has been self-taught, much of it done so in the hallowed halls of that venerable institution called "The School of Hard Knocks". (I have taken courses at a local community college, and received military computer programming training as well.)