Web Design/Contrast colors.

Dear David

Are there contrast colors available other than black & white?.

Can these contrast colors be evaluated for zebra crossing on the road?.

Hi, Prashant,

I don't know what you mean by colors being evaluated "for a zebra crossing the road," but there are many differentials when it comes to web design, colors being just one of them. Whatever design is used, there is a psychology to color use that is well documented and used regularly by large companies. Blue and white displays trust and is used by many companies. Red and white is used to grab attention and is used by many corporations, in their logos and web design.

And there are contrast colors that we use all the time to design websites for clients, and they do not always have to be black and white, but can be shades and hues. Many sites use color schemes that are different shades or hues of the same color, some us contrasts such as grey and red (which we used on a recent site for a non-profit organization at http://www.VetsCommunity.org for example. And blue and white we use at http://DenverWeb.us.

To see contrasting color scheme you can simply go to Google.com and type in "contrasting color schemes for web design" or check out this page: http://www.colorsontheweb.com/colorcontrast.asp

Web Design

David Somerfleck

I've been developing professional-level websites for small-to-medium businesses since (at least) 1998. I can answer any questions related to WordPress, website development, training, eCommerce, set up, marketing, social media integration, business management, and small business development as it pertains to integrating internet marketing, and Search Engine Optimization.

I have 10 years' experience developing websites for small to medium sized businesses, have successfully started two profitable businesses on my own, and have been training people from all walks of life in web design, SEO, and WordPress since 2010. I have a BA in English, and also have worked as a professional journalist, copywriter, editor, and educator.

Aurora Chamber of Commerce Colorado Technology Association The Internet Society Freelancers Union International Webmasters Association Denver Better Business Bureau Colorado Small Business Development Center Network Denver Metro Volunteers SCORE Denver Foothills United Way Denver IT Alliance former member Society of Professional Journalists Investigative Reporters and Editors American Federation of Teachers

Gulfshore Business magazine Naples Daily News Cape Coral Daily Breeze Fort Myers Neighbor newspaper

BA, English 10 years' experience in web design 10 years' experience in educational program management and teaching Training people in WordPress, web design, and SEO best practices since 2010

Published in over 50 periodicals

AOL Caribou Coffee Ruby Moon Investigations Even Flow Coffee small to medium businesses and startups across the US