Web Design/Wordpress & Genesis Framework?

Question
Hello there,

I am creating 2 Wordpress blogs and plan to apply the Genesis Framework to both. My questions are:

1. Do I have to download the Genesis twice or can it be used on both blogs?
2. What's the difference between a child theme and a parent theme?
3. I have 2 laptops and was wondering if I had to download the Genesis Framework on both computers since I'll be using both for my blogs? Will it be covered on both computers?

Thank you very much for your time!

Answer
1) According to http://my.studiopress.com/themes/genesis/, you are allowed to use their framework on an unlimited number of sites.
2) A parent theme is a wrapper that has a basic look and feel of a site. The child theme uses the parent theme's styles as the starting point, then you further customize it to the needs of a specific page. For example, your contact page and portfolio page would have very different functionality, so, you would customize a child theme to meet the needs of each page.
3) The theme will live on the website which you will access through a web browser. If you are developing the site locally you would need to install it on both machines. I very much doubt that's what you would be doing though.

Keep in mind that even though Wordpress does require you to be a programmer, achieving some functionality, even through editors can be extremely challenging. You may want to consider hiring a development firm to do this work for you.

Web Design

Jamison Mergens