Web Design/Wordpress and Genesis?

Question
Hello,

I am creating 2 Wordpress blogs and plan to apply the Genesis Framework to both. My questions are:

1. Do I have to download the Genesis twice or can it be used on both blogs?
2. What's the difference between a child theme and a parent theme?
3. I have 2 laptops and was wondering if I had to download the Genesis Framework on both computers since I'll be using both for my blogs? Will it be covered on both computers?

Thank you for your time!

Answer
Great questions.  I use Genesis on a LOT of my sites - here are your answers:

1. nope, just download it ONCE.  Then UPLOAD it to your Wordpress website as a new theme.
2. Genesis is a Parent theme - while it can be used alone, it lays the foundation for customizations (child themes) which can look completely different than the parent.  For instance, I just created a site using the Executive Pro child theme.  You have to upload both Genesis AND Executive Pro to your wordpress site, but you only ACTIVATE the child theme, in this case Executive Pro.
3. nope.  The Genesis Framework is "server" software, so it doesn't do anything on your laptop.  You simply upload it as a THEME to your Wordpress powered website.

Hope this helps!

Ken

Web Design

Ken Ivey