Web Design/Dynamic Assignment of Entry from Another Recordset to Textfiled

Hi, I designed a registration form in Dreamweaver. I also have two recodsets. One for posting the registration information and the other contains records from another table. The records from the second table comprises two fields. 'serial no' and 'pincodes'. Also, the second recordset has a filter condition where the 'serial no' is a value from a textfield on the form . What i intended to do is that, whenever i entered a serial no. in the textfield on the form,the second recordset filters it record to a specific pin no. corresponding to the serial no. and instantly assigns that serial no. into another textfield on the form. The problem i am encountering is that, is assignment is done only when the form is posted. I want the assignment done instantly as the serial no. is entered. How can i achieve this? Any suggestion regarding tips or use of an extension is welcome. Thanks.

You will possibly need Javascript to update this dynamically. If you use something like jQuery you can use some code similar to the following page:

Web Design

Daniel Ruffle

I can answer questions on most areas of web design & development - including: html5, css3, JavaScript, php, search engine optimisation, mobile web development & responsive design.

I have been in the web design & development sector for 10 years and have been running my own web design company for 10 years. Working with lots of completed projects within that time.

I have mostly been self taught which is the way I learn best. I have been on lots of training courses, read lots & lots of books. Within this sector though I find the best way to learn is to get stuck in.