Web Design/choosing software

There so many options out there for web design software.  I have my own little web site ( home office sales) and I'd like to upgrade it as it is about 15 years old.  

Do you have any suggestions/recommendations for a good software, easy yet good and inexpensive, for me to do the work myself?

Thank you,   Gabriel

Sudden Impact Web Design
Sudden Impact Web Desi  
Yes, there are many options, and this is sadly why most small business owners have websites that don't help their businesses in any way, and actually hurt their businesses in many cases, completely unbeknownst to them.

What do I mean?

Most small business owners gravitate toward free template builder services, and then six months or so later end up wanting to more out of their site - realizing that being found online is more complicated, takes personal SEO programming and many free template builder sites won't work on modern cell phones very well if at all. And they nickle and dime you with each basic "upgrade," such as more money for removing ads, more money for basic eCommerce, more than double what you'd pay us at Sudden Impact Web Design/ or any other professional-level web design agency here in Denver.

When you're referring to software, I'm hoping you are referring to Content Management Systems, which allow sites to function. The best one to use is WordPress, the most popular CMS on planet Earth and is used by the Rolling Stones, MSNBC, BBC America, LinkedIn, Flickr, and millions of others. It's easy enough that a non-developer can learn how to update and manage a typical WordPress site or update it without too much drama. And it's the CMS we use at Sudden Impact.

If you want a website yourself, a free site, your best bet would be to use, and then when you may be ready to upgrade further and get additional support you can move any written content over to a professionally hosted or professionally developed site so you would not lose blog posts or other content that's written. It's a good place for learning about websites, and kind of testing the waters.

Hope that helps.

Web Design

David Somerfleck

I've been developing professional-level websites for small-to-medium businesses since (at least) 1998. I can answer any questions related to WordPress, website development, training, eCommerce, set up, marketing, social media integration, business management, and small business development as it pertains to integrating internet marketing, and Search Engine Optimization.

I have 10 years' experience developing websites for small to medium sized businesses, have successfully started two profitable businesses on my own, and have been training people from all walks of life in web design, SEO, and WordPress since 2010. I have a BA in English, and also have worked as a professional journalist, copywriter, editor, and educator.

Aurora Chamber of Commerce Colorado Technology Association The Internet Society Freelancers Union International Webmasters Association Denver Better Business Bureau Colorado Small Business Development Center Network Denver Metro Volunteers SCORE Denver Foothills United Way Denver IT Alliance former member Society of Professional Journalists Investigative Reporters and Editors American Federation of Teachers

Gulfshore Business magazine Naples Daily News Cape Coral Daily Breeze Fort Myers Neighbor newspaper

BA, English 10 years' experience in web design 10 years' experience in educational program management and teaching Training people in WordPress, web design, and SEO best practices since 2010

Published in over 50 periodicals

AOL Caribou Coffee Ruby Moon Investigations Even Flow Coffee small to medium businesses and startups across the US