Web Design/Web portal

Question
Hi Ken,

I am new to programming and would like to develop a Web portal system for students that would integrate Ms PowerPoint presentation(uploaded by teachers). Students would upload assignments for teachers to download. Teachers would also upload results, articles and questions for students to retrieve.

I would like to know which would be the best programming language(s) to learn to accomplish this? I would like to make the Web portal clean and attractive as well as fast, responsive and secure. Also what would be the best database(fast and secure) to use for the Web portal? Also what tools would I need for creating and maintaining the webportal.

Thanks I  advance

Chris

Answer
Hi Chris, thanks for you questions -

I think you could accomplish this using a combination of the WordPress web platform and a few key plugins or third-party services.  Wordpress would be your main web content management system and is easy to master.  Most new themes for this CMS are responsive by design.  For good security, there are plugins like Bulletproof, Wordfence, and others.  For displaying Powerpoint, you could use SlideShare, Google Slides, or another third-party service.  If you merely wish to upload/download/share files, then DropBox is also an option.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Ken

Web Design

Ken Ivey