Web Design/Binary Image as strong password.

QUESTION: Dear David

Can Binary images be considered as Strong Passwords in Web Forms?

Is it difficult to hack a binary image?

ANSWER: Hello, Prashant,

Binary images are strong passwords in website forms, however hackers and spammers are still able to get past them rather easily. When it comes to spamming, ultimately the best thing to do is simply delete and/or report e-mails that anyone is not sure of. Personally, I get hundreds of e-mails daily (as a web developer) and bulk delete anything that is not from a specific person I know or with a specific type of subject headline. It takes approximately 5-10 seconds in each e-mail account and obviously doesn't stop spam but I don't think anyone has anyone yet has come up with a surefire way to stop spam e-mail, especially in forums.

QUESTION: Dear David

Thank you.

Can Animated Gif, Animated Icons,Emoticons be good Passwords
which can be difficult to hack by the Hackers?

teaching photo
teaching photo  
It would have to depend upon how they are used and implemented. I am not a security expert, so I would suggest studying effectiveness of "pick an image" capthas and then look for reported flaws in their use. Certainly the site could be a good place to start as there are many security captcha plugins that use images. You could look over the code, look at complains or issues with their use, and offer to help out if you feel you can.  

Web Design

David Somerfleck

I've been developing professional-level websites for small-to-medium businesses since (at least) 1998. I can answer any questions related to WordPress, website development, training, eCommerce, set up, marketing, social media integration, business management, and small business development as it pertains to integrating internet marketing, and Search Engine Optimization.

I have 10 years' experience developing websites for small to medium sized businesses, have successfully started two profitable businesses on my own, and have been training people from all walks of life in web design, SEO, and WordPress since 2010. I have a BA in English, and also have worked as a professional journalist, copywriter, editor, and educator.

Aurora Chamber of Commerce Colorado Technology Association The Internet Society Freelancers Union International Webmasters Association Denver Better Business Bureau Colorado Small Business Development Center Network Denver Metro Volunteers SCORE Denver Foothills United Way Denver IT Alliance former member Society of Professional Journalists Investigative Reporters and Editors American Federation of Teachers

Gulfshore Business magazine Naples Daily News Cape Coral Daily Breeze Fort Myers Neighbor newspaper

BA, English 10 years' experience in web design 10 years' experience in educational program management and teaching Training people in WordPress, web design, and SEO best practices since 2010

Published in over 50 periodicals

AOL Caribou Coffee Ruby Moon Investigations Even Flow Coffee small to medium businesses and startups across the US