Wedding Planning/Wedding program

QUESTION: We are working on the wording for our daughter's wedding program and have gotten stumped.  They will be doing a sand ceremony instead of unity candle.  I have the correct wording for the place in the ceremony for them to actually perform their part.  My problem is when the MOG and I walk down the aisle with the sand what is appropriate to use here, I know in the unity candle it usually states lighting of the candles.  I was thinking placing of the sand, any better ideas?

ANSWER: You could both pour white sand at the beginning; white is the color of protection.  That would form the base for the colors that they will pour later on,  (I usually do that after the rings but before the pronouncement.

QUESTION: Thanks for your quick response.  How do I list our part of the ceremony in the wedding program?

Hmmmm.....How about, "Gifts of the mothers".  The officiant could say another sentence or two about how white represents the natural protective instinct that mothers show for their children, how they guard their childrens' innocence and how their love for their children is pure.  I like it.  I may steal it, lol!

Wedding Planning

Celia Milton

I can answer questions about wedding etiquette, wedding ceremony ideas, reception ideas, sticky situations....really, anything wedding. I cannot give specific legal advice, but I can connect couples with the correct information about state licensing.

After running a successful, upscale catering business for over 15 years, I went to seminary and then Celebrant USA to train as a wedding officiant and become ordained. I have personally officiated at over 700 weddings, and I now head a group of six other officiants. We have written and performed weddings and civil unions for mixed couples, non religious couples, and everyone in between. I am well versed in ethnic and cultural rituals, as well as creating new rituals for my couples that desire them.

American Association of Wedding Officiants New Jersey Wedding and Event Professionals

William Paterson University, BA, Philosophy, 2000 Union Theological in the City of New York, Masters of Divinity, 2003 Drew University at Madison, attended, 2002 Fordham University, Bronx, NY attended, 2003-2004 Celebrant USA, 2005-2006. Graduated in three disciplines

145 5 star reviews at Featured on TLC's "Four Weddings", Fox 5's "Good Day Street Talk", in "Contemporary Bride", "NJ Bride",and "201 Magazine" and "Four" "Wedding Wire Brides' Choice 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012", and "Best of the Knot 2011, 2012". Profiled on Sage Wedding Pros, Natalie Bradley's "Bride Attraction" and Small Business and So You're