Wedding Planning/Unique couple looking for some creative ideas for their wedding

Question
Hello. My boyfriend and I are planning to get married in October (on Halloween day!). We are both what you could call a little "different" and would like our wedding ceremony to reflect our unique personalities and interests. We are both into the gothic scene, and are huge horror film buffs. And we both have a morbid, dark sense of humor. I am a mortician and he is a tattoo artist, so I guess you can say we are rather unconventional and do NOT want a traditional wedding. We would also like to include our pets, which include several black cats, two pet rats, a boa constictor and an albino python somehow in the ceremony. Do you have any creative suggestions for us? I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your time.

Answer
Hello Alexandra,
    Thank you for your interesting question.  I think that ALL wedding ceremonies should reflect the personalities of the couple and be authentic to them.  That being said, a wedding is never 'all about the couple' unless you decide to elope with two witnesses, a rat or two and an officiant.  The joining of you and your fiance is a momentous event for both of your families and all of your friends, and with that in mind, it needs to be a celebration that includes everyone.

If all of your family and every one of your friends shares your style, then go all out; do a steampunk theme, pick your favorite off beat readings and bring the python.  If not, leave the python at home, ask your officiant to include lots of your unique qualities in the 'love story' part of the ceremony, and enjoy the day!

I think you might find the blog, "off beat bride" really interesting!

Good luck to you!
Celia

Wedding Planning

Celia Milton