Wedding Planning/Wedding invitations

Question
Our daughter is getting married in South Africa with a reception and then we will also be having a reception 3 weeks later in the US. I would like send one invitation listing both events and then one RSVP card also listing both events so guests can check one or both events.  Does this sound okay?

Answer
Hi, Congratulations!  Lots of great things going on for your family!  One of the major questions is this; is every guest invited to both events?  They don't have to be!

I feel that even though etiquette wise, it would be totally fine to one invite, it might be fun to have two different ones to express the personality of each party. Then you also have the opportunity to customize each guest list.  

They don't have to cost a fortune either; but wouldn't it be exciting to get two totally different invites to two great parties?

Don't forget to number the invites on the back or inside the Rsvp envelope; someone is totally going to send one back without their names on it!

Have a wonderful time, and congratulations!
Celia

Wedding Planning

Celia Milton