Wedding Planning/SHUTTLE

My daughter's wedding & reception will be in a small town (Canastota, NY). There is a major casino and several hotels within 10 minutes, but none offer free shuttles to & from reception. Since there is not one "main" hotel that I expect guests to stay at, I find it hard to spend the money on a shuttle. Since most guests will live within 45 minutes, I'm not sure how many would stay anyway. Would it be rude to not provide a shuttle to get guests from reception to various hotels or is it expected?  Sept wedding. Thank You

Hi Roger,
Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming wedding.  You sound like a very thoughtful father and host.  It is not rude not to provide transportation with such an easy and quick to get to destination.  Nor should it be expected.  Two of my daughters wed within 4 months of each other here in Austin Texas.  The first had a hotel, church, and reception facility with blocks of each other -- no transportation necessary.  The other had a hotel that was 25 minutes from a beautiful but remote location.  We provided transportation for those guests.  It was a happy surprise for them, certainly not assumed.  
There are so many ways to spend those wedding dollars, that if you can forgo items, then all the better.
Brenda Cascio

Wedding Planning

Brenda Cascio

As founder and CEO of, I am pleased to offer suggestions for those puzzling situations such as wanting to give personal gifts to bridesmaids that have totally different interests, how to show appreciation to guests on a budget, what small things that can be done to make a huge impact for the ceremony and reception.

At the helm of, I am up-to-date on the latest trends. Our products have been featured in the finest wedding and style magazines. I am essentially a consultant to consultants. Because many wedding consultants are a small operation, they don't have access to the vendors, markets and other consultants that we have. Therefore, we use our resources to find those elusive items. Having a party and want to re-create the garden at Tavern-On-The-Green? We provided the marbelized balloons. Are you wanting a garden party with lanterns strung through the trees? We have provided the lanterns with coordinating parasols and hand fans. Want to plan a wedding merging two cultures, I can help navigate you through the potentially sticky situations (now is not the time for a social faux-pas!) It is important to be aware of the various customs in different parts of the country too, and I am more than happy to assist brides, moms and consultants in this.

A degree in Fine Arts with years of experience in design and marketing.