Weddings/Wedding invitations

Question
My father is a Reverend and my mother is a Doctor, Ph.D., and they are married to each other, same last name.  How do I write their names showing their titles on my wedding invitations?

Answer
Hi Becky,

If your mother is an academic Ph.D. then the proper way to write your invitation would be:

Reverend and Mrs. David Smith

This is because the Ph.D, Dr. title is used only in academic situations.

If she is a medical doctor with a Ph.D. actually the same would apply for a social event.  However, if you wanted to use the doctor, this is what I'd suggest:

Reverend David and Doctor Amanda Smith

Hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any further assistance.  

Weddings

Weddings Etc LLC