Weddings/mother of the bride color and style.

Question
My son is getting married in September..Second marriage. The bride is having a maid of honor,8 bridemaids, a ring bearer and a flower girl. The bride is wearing white, the maid of honor and bridesmaids are wearing aquamarine. I want to wear something light and flashy, but elegent , just below the knee with3/4 " sleeves.Something light and flowey. I am only , maybe 5 feet tall.I cant wear floor length.I want to make a dress as I can't find anything in the store that pleases me......Any ideas would be much appreciated...please. I'm 64 yrs. old, but I dress 45 or younger. I am not ready to get old yet.  Thank you   Also the brides mother will not be there. But I assume someone will represent her. But I do not know what color she will wearing.I think the girls are wearing hats. Please help. Iam not good at dressing for these type special occasions.....Thanks Again

Answer
Hi Carol,
Congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding.  Without the bride's mother there, you don't have to worry about her choosing first.  I would suggest wearing a color that is complimentary to the color scheme of the wedding.  As a petite woman, a knee length dress sounds lovely -- and fun!  Just keep in mind that it should not over-shadow the bride.  If you are a seamstress, an afternoon at the fabric store, perusing the patterns will get you started.  Googling "mother of the groom dress" will give you a wealth of ideas.  I'm sure it will be a wonderful event, and you will look lovely!
Brenda Cascio,
www.GraciousBridal.com

Weddings

Brenda Cascio