Weddings/wedding etiquette

Salutations Brenda Cascio,
I am to be married soon and will be inviting guests of many different backgrounds (different political parties, orientations, religious backgrounds etc) with very strong opinions. How can I politely tell them all to "play nice" for this one day or just stay home? ( I considering a polite insert included in the invitation).
On a lighter note, I was also considering asking that every guest include a bit of advice on successful relationships (some of the couples have been married for 50 years) whether it's  relationship with family, friends or a significant other.

Advice for the bride and groom coasters
Advice for the bride a  

Wedding Advice for the Bride & Groom Coasters
Wedding Advice for the  
Hi Morgan,
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. And congratulations on being a well-rounded person who surrounds herself with interesting people of varied backgrounds.  You know, we can often keep all of our different selves separate, but here you are, getting married, and your worlds are about to collide.  

I come from a family with WIDELY varied political and religious beliefs.  We are in the middle of a wedding marathon (Eight girl first cousins getting married in 2 1/2 yrs).  I like to believe that people "get it".  Just as they put on nice clothes for a wedding, they also put on their best behavior. Of course, we all have a few that we worry about.  So here's the deal.  Have your most logical and peace-making relative/friend mention to the potential problem-guest that you are wanting a moratorium on any confrontations during the wedding festivities.

I think the advice is a wonderful idea.  We have many couples do this, either with cards in lieu of a guest book, or even the advice coasters.  It will be one of your most treasured memories.  I wish you many blessings!
Brenda Cascio,

Brenda Cascio

As founder and CEO of, I am pleased to offer suggestions for those puzzling situations such as wanting to give personal gifts to bridesmaids that have totally different interests, how to show appreciation to guests on a budget, what small things that can be done to make a huge impact for the ceremony and reception.

At the helm of, I am up-to-date on the latest trends. Our products have been featured in the finest wedding and style magazines. I am essentially a consultant to consultants. Because many wedding consultants are a small operation, they don't have access to the vendors, markets and other consultants that we have. Therefore, we use our resources to find those elusive items. Having a party and want to re-create the garden at Tavern-On-The-Green? We provided the marbelized balloons. Are you wanting a garden party with lanterns strung through the trees? We have provided the lanterns with coordinating parasols and hand fans. Want to plan a wedding merging two cultures, I can help navigate you through the potentially sticky situations (now is not the time for a social faux-pas!) It is important to be aware of the various customs in different parts of the country too, and I am more than happy to assist brides, moms and consultants in this.

Degree in Fine Arts and years of experience in design and marketing prior to becoming involved in the wedding industry.