Weddings/How to state father of the bride on wedding invitation

Question
QUESTION: Our father retired as a sergeant in the  Army three years ago, was an Iraq war veteran and was killed in an accident last year. Our mother and step father are still alive. How should she state our parents name on her wedding invitation?

ANSWER: Dear John,
I need to know the following information in order to properly answer your question.

1) Is the mother of the bride hosting the wedding?
2) Is the bride and groom hosting the wedding.

Once you send me the above information I an answer your question

STAN WIEST
email stan@stanwiest.com
(631) 754-0594

QUESTION: Our mother and step father are hosting (paying for it, if that's what  mean).
We just feel that our father should be mentioned on it somewhere.
Thank you sir.

Answer
There are two ways this can be done with your wishes in mind. I am enclosing two invitation examples.

I am using make believe names for the parents and bride and groom as a template to use

Invitation 1

Mr & Mrs John Jones
Request The Pleasure of Your Company
at the Marriage of their daughter
  Mary K. Smith
      to
  Steven M. Brown
Saturday, the Eleventh of October
Two Thousand and Fourteen
Four O'Clock in the Afternoon
at The Vineyard
   42 Hampton Road
   Johnson, New York
Reception to follow

Mary K Smith wishes to remember with love
her late father Barry E.Smith

Invitation 2
Mr & Mrs John Jones
Request the Pleasure of Your Company
at the Marriage of
Mary K Smith
  and
Steven M Brown

Saturday, the Eleventh of October
(then continues using everything as above)

This give the bride the option of how to be announced in the invitation.In either case
in the bottom of the invitation it should state

Mary K. Smith wishes to remember with love her late father
Barry E Smith

I hope this helps you and gives you options. I spent quite a bit of time today thinking
about this. I wanted the bride to be able to honor her father in the invitation and give her options of how she is listed. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.
STAN WIEST  email  stan@stanwiest.com
www.stanwiest.com
Member Association of Bridal Consultants  

Weddings

Stan Wiest