Weightlifting & Exercise/chinup

When I do chinups, I notice that as I pull up, I move my legs slightly up, it helps in giving me momentum to go higher thereby a longer leverage. Is this ok/advisable or some form of cheating?

Thank you.

our bodies are not machines, we each have a specific set of slightly differing bio-mechanics, and it is natural to move in what bodybuilders have termed "cheating" movments. chinup is an excellent exercise, but it's limited to your bodyweight, unless you attach weights to yourself, at which time everyone, even fanatic bodybuilders will use "cheating" moves. Also...
I would not worry about range of motion, they are called chinups for a reason, you just touch your chin to the bar and I promise you, you've activated the appropriate muscles.

Weightlifting & Exercise

Vveth Hammer

I can answer questions relateing to practical strength training, that is, training that you can actually use. sports. martial arts or just wanting to satisfy the instinct to be powerful, I can assist you.

I have trained for jiujitsu, for military and street combat, I have trained others to adapt to physically hard jobs, for martial arts and team sports. I know what really works.