Weightlifting & Exercise/power training

Hi Vveth,

I'm 17 year old and I play soccer I'm in off season now and I am training for power and strength trying to maximize my body power output, but someone told me that I should work all body parts except chest that I should avoid training chest with the pretext that it could significantly reduce my mobility and speed if the chest grows bigger!!! I would like to know if this fact stands true of it's just a nonsense??

most exercises that are used to focus on the chest end up overdeveloping it, causing a reduction in overhead range of motion. for example, a shot putter or hammer thrower would be inhibited by doing bench-presses, but power-cleans with push-presses would create the appropriate strength & power. for soccer, it doesn't matter, if you want to pump up your chest,(which I do NOT recommend)it will not effect your soccer mobility.

Weightlifting & Exercise

Vveth Hammer

I can answer questions relateing to practical strength training, that is, training that you can actually use. sports. martial arts or just wanting to satisfy the instinct to be powerful, I can assist you.

I have trained for jiujitsu, for military and street combat, I have trained others to adapt to physically hard jobs, for martial arts and team sports. I know what really works.