Weightlifting & Exercise/Height

Hello Mam! I'm having some serious problems with my height. I'm 5.3Ft and i'm going to turn to 19 this june of 2013. I have come across several height pills or surgeries or advices but they are  just expensive and doesn't work. I did stretching exercise for one month but that didn't help me out (I know that it should be done regularly but my exmas are near so i paused it till my exam gets over). My height is very important for my career. I don't want height to impress girls or to fit in the society. I want it to pursue my dreams. I know it will sound tough and crazy but i need a height close to 6Ft or more. I used to be a bright student but due to my personality issues i lost my focus on my primary duty like studies. Not only that, i even get confused sometimes on small things just coz of this problem. So Mam please do suggest me some effective ways that will SURELY increase my height. I'm waiting.......

I am concerned about your mental health and self image. I understand the need to meet certain physical requirements for your work...I don't want it to get in the way of your studies.  As a first question I wonder if you have seen a doctor about your height? Is there a biological reason?  

The next question is about your family. How tall are members of your family?  If they too are small it may be the genetics of your family.  

The final question is to recognize it may just be a delay in your growth.  Both of my boys didn't start to grow until they were your age.  They are now 6 and 6'1-2". Don't lose heart.

I would suggest you find a counselor to speak with if this bothers you more,  bottom line....there are no exercises that will help your height.  I am sorry.

Weightlifting & Exercise

Karen Fili Sullivan

Get on the inside track with Karen and her daily advice. http://karenfilisullivan.com. Or on FacebookLIKE us at ZWL - Zen of Whole Living I have more than 30 years experience and can help with lifting technique, muscle recovery, weight loss, body building and powerlifting. I've been certified by AFPA as a Personal Trainer and 12 years ago acquired a second certification from the same agency as a Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist. Any recommendations or advice rendered are based on fitness information as specified by the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Fitness Professionals and Associates. Follow my Blog on http://karenfilisullivan.com

Almost 25 years coaching and training. Wow! I feel old. Before that I was a competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter (ask my Chiropractor -- he can tell you). I have trained kids ages 12 to 89. From sports specific training to stroke rehabilitation. I love helping people move more gracefully, powerfully and safely.

A few.

Published in Spring of 2013 The Zen of Weight Loss: A Mindful, Livable Approach to Fitness Get your copy at Square Market. https://squareup.com/market/body-restoration-by-karen/zen-of-weight-loss-in-mo

English with a Journalism concentration was my college education. My training has been with my mentor, Jack Michaels, ACSM and professor at the College of William and Mary. My certifications are with the American Fitness Professionals and Associates. AFPA. I hold a certification as a Personal Trainer and a Post Rehabilitation Exercise Expert (Isn't that a mouthful?l). My continuing education requirements have been fulfilled at a number of organizations and are monitored by AFPA. I keep my Red Cross CPR and First Aid current.

Clients include athletes training for marathons, mountain climbing and general weight loss. In addition I have clients troubled with COPD, Fibromyalgia, and Parkinsons as well as stroke rehab. She was the Strength and Conditioning coach for Williamsburg Aquatic Club, a USA Swim Team, in Williamsburg, Virginia for 3 years.   Karen is presently working at Main Street Gym in Historic St. Charles, Missouri where she teaches Pilates and continues her work with clients. Her training reaches across the country with her long distance Body Restoration eTraining. Her dedication to fitness reaches into the nutritional supplementation with Shaklee products. She only works with clients who add nutritional supplementation to their training. Read more of her story on www.shaklee.net/BodyRestoration