Weightlifting & Exercise/Which supplements should I take?

Question
Hello Sir.
This is me, Adwait, once again. Sir, I have once again talked to my parents about this. They were convinced to some extent, but they told me that first, I should get the right supplements.

Sir, can you suggest me some supplements which are not so costly and are effective?

And since I am 16, should I take creatine monohydrate or no?

Thank You.

Answer
Adwait,

Welcome back, so good to hear from you. I hope my information has been and will be useful to you. Tell me how you have found success since our last correspondence. Ok so you are still trying to put on size, remember be patient it takes some time but keep at it. So you asked me about supplememnts and Creatine Monohydrate specifically. There are two things to keep in mind:

1. Creatine will make you bigger, and stronger quite quickly.

2. It is not without its risks. Only take if you have healthy kidneys if you take it at all. It has many known side effects including reports of kidney damage, heart problems, muscle cramps and pulls, dehydration, and diarrhea, in addition to other negative side effects.

So Adwait, remember supplements are no easy ticket to meeting you're goals. People sometimes fail to remember supplememnts are just that, "supplements" no "instead of's" meaning a well rounded nutrition plan is by far what's most important here. As you can see the potential gain's pale in comparison to the potential risks to you health. Also, supplememnts are not regulated by any gov't agency such as food is, therefore you never know what you are getting. It could be some powdered sugar for all you know, or it could be some toxic substance. Don't put yourself at risk just for suplements, there is much fraud in this industry. This is a multi-million if not billion dollar market, so save your money and and eat a well balanced diet, drink lots or water and eat lots of protein, especially after a vigorous workout.

Well that is it for now. Adwait, could you please do a feedback rating for this answer and the previous one, so that more people may find me on here and that I maybe able to help them? Thank you very much. Stay well.

Greg

Weightlifting & Exercise

Greg Hoppe