Weightlifting & Exercise/Workout plan

Question
Hi David,

I recently went through a tough time in my life when i got detected with Dengue in September and got hospitalized for a few days. Because of this, it made me weak and thinner than before. I have recovered completely now and want to start exercising to put on muscle.

I love doing pushups, but dont know how many sets/reps i should do in a week, rest time etc..?

Secondly i also got a bullworker bar for myself that i want to use for muscle building since i dont have time for proper gym workouts.

Would be grateful if you could tell me an exercise plan that i could start following now.

And will it be the right time for me to start exercising now (post dengue recovery )or should i wait some more time.

Thanks once again.

Nev

Answer
Hello Nev

It is HELL when we get sick! I got sick about 5 years ago. After 3 months, I went back to the gym and exercised for 5 minutes. I was totally EXHAUSTED. I thought I was ruined. It took me 5 months to get back into my normal shape. What I did was; listen to my body. If I could not exercise, I did not mentally beat myself up. You do the same; take it slow and listen to your body.

For now, do the pushups one day. And then do the bullwork bar a few days later. Only for a few minutes for each exercise. Rest and recovery is where your body gets stronger, not during the exercising. As you feel better and stronger, slowly increase what you are doing.

Glad you are better now. Hope this helps.

Weightlifting & Exercise

David Dickeson, A.S.