Weightlifting & Exercise/How to get six pack

Hello Daniel

I'll like to know how can I get a flat stomach and six pack.

I run 2x a week around 30-40 mins and also do abs exercise like crunches, reverse crunch etc usually after jogging.

However the stomach is still slightly bulging (I am considered very thin, 120lb) and the abs is still not defined yet.

Thank you. Your reply is very much appreciated.

Hey Eddie

Abs take time to develop, what you should be looking at is working full body exercises since they also incorporate the abs as well as other muscles but more importantly they increase the amount of calories you burn during exercise. The squat to overhead press can be used in a resistance training program and you can include abdominal exercises about 2-3 different ab exercises at the end of your work out of 15-20 reps each exercise. Planks are good for the abs as well as stability ball crunches.

I don't recommend too many abs exercises because abs show once your body fat % is low. So during exercise you want to burn the most calories and ab exercises don't burn so much,even though the abs are being trained you can have strong abdominal muscles but they will never show unless you get your body fat down,that's why i recommend exercises that burn the most calories (whole body).

As for your running training, keep track of how long you run, you should be progressing. IF last week you did 30, next week try to increase the time, or the distance covered in 30 minutes. In other words either increase the duration or the intensity.

Hope this helps, sorry for the long response but I wanted to give you a more detailed explanation.

Weightlifting & Exercise

I can answer Strength training questions, Fitness, sports specific training, injury rehabilitation and lifestyle behavior changes.

I train primarily athletes and regular people who need to get back in a fitness routine.

NSCA; The National Strength and Conditioning Association ACSM; The American College of Sports Medicine CSEP; The Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology NASM; The National Academy of Sports Medicine

Check here at www.fit2assist.com for further information on how to start building yourself, improve your body and live better.

I am an Exercise Scientist & Strength and Conditioning coach with 6 specializations/credentials, - Strength Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength and Conditioning Association, primarily dealing with athletic performance training. - Corrective Exercise specialist (CES) and Sports Performance Coach (PES) with the National Academy of Sports Medicine. - An Health fitness Specialist with the American College Of Sports Medicine - An Exercise Physiologist with CSEP. -TRX Group Qualified instructor.