Weightlifting & Exercise/Bike trainer stand

I have read that all cardio exercise is equal, but is it possible that some people respond better to certain types of cardio exercise, even if the length and intensity are the same as other kinds?
I enjoy bike riding, and can keep my belly down in the summer just by a couple hours a week pedalling around.
Even though I eat as much or less in the winter, a treadmil didnt help as much except give me sore knees, and our new elliptical-even after extended periods-does nothing.
Last week I got a bike trainer stand for converting my mountain bike to a stationary bike.
After a week my stomach is noticably flatter. I love it!
What gives? Is it the up and down motion of my short legs or something?
Thanks for your opinion!

Not all cardio exercise is equal and as you have found some things work better for you then others.  It all has to do with the amount of intensity and duration of time spent doing the activity.  Plus the difficulty or level the machine is set to.

I always tell my clients to do what they enjoy, seems you have found what you enjoy and what works well for you.  Keep up the good work.  

Weightlifting & Exercise

Karen Skidmore

I can answer questions in the following areas: general fitness questions, strength training, flexibility, aerobic training, balance training and corrective/rehab training. Please no questions regarding specific injuries I would need more information then what you can provide in an email to answer these questions accurately. You must be 18 years or older to ask me a question. If you need more in depth help or would like help with your specific workout plans please visit my website. I offer online training and phone consultations. www.completely-fit.com. I also offer a monthly newsletter.

I am the owner of the Completely Fit personal training company located in Mt. Airy, Maryland. My company offers one-on-one, online and group fitness training services, sports performance and team training, weight education classes and healthy lifestyle seminars. Before starting my own company I taught health and physical education for 10 years. I have been the featured speaker on topics such as fitness and exercise, proper nutrition and health awareness. I graduated from Edinboro University with a degree in education specializing in athletic training. I gained my NATA certification in 1994. I also maintain certifications as a personal trainer with NCSF & NSPA, as a performance enhancement specialist with NASM, as well as an exercise development specialist and a nutrition specialist. Calling on my experience with college athletes and teaching middle school students, I decided to use my knowledge to educate the general public on the benefits of physical fitness and healthy eating habits. I enjoy working with people and helping them achieve each and every one of their goals. Completely Fit offers services to everyone, from beginners to professional athletes.

NATA NASM NCSF Lifestyle Management Assoc.

certified athletic trainer performance enhancement specialist certified personal trainer nutrition specialist Integrative Movement Specialist