Weightlifting & Exercise/Building muscle

Question
Hi David!

I'm 23 years old girl just started working out again for now months, every Monday to Saturday an hour or so. I have lost all the extra fat in my body and I'm now thin and a bit toned. I'm happy bout it, I've been lifting little weight on my legs and arms butt, etc...but now I'm ready to really start toning my  muscles. My questions is: What do i have to eat or do, to start toning my muscles? But I don't want big strong ones I just want to achive a tone body. I've heard protein helps, not sure though.

Thank you! :)

Answer
Hello Cindy

The human body is a wonderful machine. How BIG or how SMALL your muscles are, or become, is entirely based on heavy you are lifting.

For mass, lift once a week. Lift and hold the weight for 1 minute.
For toning, lift every day. Lift very light weights and do at least 15 reps for every movement. Move the weight with control. Don't throw it around.

Throwing the weight around only tears the muscles.

Listen to your body. If you are sore the next day; too heavy! Wait 3 days and resume with a lighter weight.

After every exercise program - REST! Sit down in a chair for 15 minutes and do nothing. This allows the body to rest and recover.

Eat normally. You will find you are less hungry and naturally will eat less. The only protein we ALL need is two tablespoons of peanut butter a day. A can of chicken breast, small, in water, will give you all the protein you need.

Remember; people do not digest anything from a cow. Including steak, burgers, whey supplements.  

Weightlifting & Exercise

David Dickeson, A.S.