Weightlifting & Exercise/Cold Baths

Question

I am wondering roughly how many calories I could lose per hour if I used cold baths? I am considering trying 2 methods, one with just using the coldest water from the tap(quite cold), and another with large ice-packs in the water as well. I realise you can't give exact figures, but a rough approximation would help - if it's any use in calculations, I should add that I am male, 5ft 11 1/2, 40 years old, and weigh 125 kg.

Thanks for any info,
Geoff.

Answer
Hello Geoff

Actually, cold baths slow down the metabolism. For weight loss, a warm to somewhat hot bath, will speed up the metabolism, which will burn more calories. More blood flowing increases oxygen to the cells, which burns more calories.

Any form of daily aerobics, like running in place, will increase weight loss even more. 5-15 minutes a day is all you need. The weight WILL drop. Slowly, but it will drop. And your hunger will be less, too. Which will help with even more weight loss.

Thanks for the question. Hope this helps. Have a great day!

Weightlifting & Exercise

David Dickeson, A.S.