Weightlifting & Exercise/lower back and thighs

Can you give me a couple of stretches or exercises for my situation? My lower back gets tight from driving all day, and this is compounded by my belly pulling my back forwards.
What happens is, when standing, I am unable to lift my knees straight up verticly without having them splay out to the side. When I try to keep them straight I can only get up so far.
Is not so bad except for the fact I coach girls hockey and soccer, and this keeps me from skating and dribbling as well as I could before I got fat and started driving for a living!
Hockey skating crossovers are difficult, and I can no longer juggle a soccer ball, which requires the top of your foot to stay level with the ground.
Thanks for any help!"

Hi Sue I am going to refer you to a site that has a lot of educational information and exercise videos that I believe should help with your situation.  Stretching is not the solution you are looking for.  Good luck.

And here are some videos of the exercises that will help as well:

Good Luck!

Weightlifting & Exercise

Karen Skidmore

I can answer questions in the following areas: general fitness questions, strength training, flexibility, aerobic training, balance training and corrective/rehab training. Please no questions regarding specific injuries I would need more information then what you can provide in an email to answer these questions accurately. You must be 18 years or older to ask me a question. If you need more in depth help or would like help with your specific workout plans please visit my website. I offer online training and phone consultations. www.completely-fit.com. I also offer a monthly newsletter.

I am the owner of the Completely Fit personal training company located in Mt. Airy, Maryland. My company offers one-on-one, online and group fitness training services, sports performance and team training, weight education classes and healthy lifestyle seminars. Before starting my own company I taught health and physical education for 10 years. I have been the featured speaker on topics such as fitness and exercise, proper nutrition and health awareness. I graduated from Edinboro University with a degree in education specializing in athletic training. I gained my NATA certification in 1994. I also maintain certifications as a personal trainer with NCSF & NSPA, as a performance enhancement specialist with NASM, as well as an exercise development specialist and a nutrition specialist. Calling on my experience with college athletes and teaching middle school students, I decided to use my knowledge to educate the general public on the benefits of physical fitness and healthy eating habits. I enjoy working with people and helping them achieve each and every one of their goals. Completely Fit offers services to everyone, from beginners to professional athletes.

NATA NASM NCSF Lifestyle Management Assoc.

certified athletic trainer performance enhancement specialist certified personal trainer nutrition specialist Integrative Movement Specialist