Weightlifting & Exercise/Weightlifting World Records.

Weight Lifting
Weight Lifting  

Weight Lifting
Weight Lifting  
Dear Adam

What is the approach or process a fitness trainer in Gymnasium will suggest for a person who says "I want to create a world record in the next Olympic games for my country in both "Clean and Jerk" and "Snatch" Category by lifting Maximum Number of Weights" ?

Is Body building and Weight lifting are two different categories ?

Can Body Builders like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger
and all other Body Builders achieve this feat ?

Is it the sheer strength, might and power required for this achievement ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Olympic weightlifting is a technical skill that will take years to hone.  My suggestion would be to find a weightlifting coach (possibly someone who has coached at a high level) and get that person to teach you the finer points of lifting and then how to build your strength appropriately through those lifts.  It takes a systematic gameplan one that goes beyond what we can discuss here.

Body building is a sport to build the body up size wise, have as low body fat as possible, and it is purely for looks.  How big do you look?  How cut do you look?  Do you have symmetry between the right and left?  Weightlifting is the snatch and clean and jerk and developing your strength and power to excel at those two lifts.  Different training is required for both of them as well.

Body builders would have to have a dramatic shift in training to be successful at weight lifting.  Where as body builders will do different exercises to develop even the smallest of muscles, weightlifters will do the snatch and clean plus assistance lifts to help them with those primary lifts.  It can be done, but once again there will be a technical adjustment to understand the lifts.

It would be all three plus some genetic gifts to accomplish what you desire.  

Weightlifting & Exercise

Adam Kessler

I am a speed expert. I can answer any questions you have in regards to getting faster and quicker. Also, any other sport-specific training questions that you may have. Strength training is important to developing speed so if you are an athlete needing help on your strength program, I can also provide assistance.

If you have general questions about weight loss or gain, I have created a document that answers a lot of those questions. If your question falls in this area, please download this document and read what you need to do. This will save me and you time. Please click here to download this document. I will NOT answer any general weight loss/weight gain questions that does not pertain to an athlete.

Also, please don't ask me to give you a workout to do. I can't give individualized workouts over this forum. I know nothing about you. If you misinterpret what I'm saying, get hurt, then I get in trouble. So no workouts period.

Take a look at our document, The Secrets to Their Success. Over 100 athletes and coaches that have worked with our program give their data of improvements and testimonials about the help we were able to provide for them. You can download that free document here to see the changes these athletes had by working with us. CLICK HERE

Follow me on Twitter by clicking here!.

Become a fan of my Facebook Fan Page, by clicking here!

I have had over 16 years of experience in the health and fitness field. The last 9, I started and have been running my own personal training company. I was the head strength coach of an area high school for 4 years before committing to my company full-time.

I am a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association. I also belong to USA Weightlifting.

I have been the feature of several articles in Columbus Business First and Mid-Ohio Golfer. I have written articles for various online article directories which can be found by Google searching my name. I have presented at several state and local strength and conditioning clinics.

B.A. at Indiana University (1994)
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
USA Weightlifting Sport Performance Coach