Weightlifting & Exercise/Writing in Your Career

Question
Hi Karen, I'm exploring a major in exercise science with a concentration in strength and conditioning. For a professional writing class I am taking, I need to interview individuals in the career I'm interested in (or one similar to it) and find out 1. What kinds of writing you do on a regular basis, 2. How often you need to write for your career, 3. What audiences and purposes you write for, 4. How computers help or hinder your documents, and 5. What the common challenges are in writing for your profession.
I hope that you are willing to take the time to answer my questions; it would help me a great deal with this assignment. Thank you very much.

Answer
Teresa,
Sorry about the wait.  I have been writing!!!!! Truly.
1. I write often. I am soon to publish my first book but I also write all my marketing pieces. I have a blog, I write concise statements for twitter. I compose letters for new clients and new programs I am spinning off for my business.

2. I write daily.

3. I target different audiences. Depends on what I am writing about. I do rehab, life coaching, personal training. So I write for stroke and accident victims, healthy people seeking balance in their life's, and people trying to drop to a healthy weight.

4. I couldn't do my business without a computer. I pay for extra tech support, off site back ups and the best equipment I am able to buy. I use FaceTime, Skype and texting. My favorite tools for communication are my computer, iPad and phone. My clients span the United States as well as in my back yard.

5. The most difficult thing is weeding through data and studies to understand and substantiate my position.  There is some amazing work out there but there is also garbage. I work very hard to give my people the most reliable information possible.  

I hope this helps.
Karen  

Weightlifting & Exercise

Karen Fili Sullivan