Weightlifting & Exercise/Bigger legs

Question
I feel rather odd asking this since everyone usually wants slimmer legs. Im 5'5, currently 130lbs (after baby) working on getting back down to 115lbs, I have pretty long legs and a pretty sizeable butt. My fiance is a big leg guy, and although he is never mean about it, he does make hints that he wishes my thighs were bigger. They are pretty slim and dont really fit my butt. I have tried reading on my own to find answers or excercises but most are all over the place, some say you have to take in extreme calories or protein so when you work out you get big legs and others say to just work out. What would be the best way for me to make my thighs bigger? currently im limited to just home workouts so i couldnt do any excercises that require crazy machines. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Amber to an extent the size you could build your legs depends on your individual genetic make up.  With that being said the things you can control would be diet, you will need to make sure you are taking in enough calories to support your training.  And secondly the training itself.

You will need very low reps, high sets and very high weight.  Lunges, squats, deadlifts, cleans etc.  Other then those two things you really won't be able to make to make much of a difference.  

Weightlifting & Exercise

Karen Skidmore