Weightlifting & Exercise/exercise for legs

Question
Hello

I do a  body-weight squat and hold it for 2 minutes, like a squat stance. I'll like to know can this develop the quadricep/thigh muscles? Is this bad for the knees, holding it?

What exercise can I do to develop my leg muscles? I do not have any weights at home and can't afford to go to the gym, depending on my bodyweight somewhat. I hope you can recommend some exercise to develop the lower body given the limitations above.

Thank you. Your reply is very much appreciated.

Eddie

Answer
The thing about weight is that everything has some. I used to workout with big rocks, tree stumps... whatever I could find. You are never strictly limited to bodyweight' but if that is what you prefer.. I would do Hindu squats, jumpingand those  squat holds you mentioned and windsprints

Weightlifting & Exercise

Vveth Hammer