Weightlifting & Exercise/Gymnasium and Health Fitness Centers Identity Cards.

Identity Card
Identity Card  
Dear Karen

I Feel every Gymnasium and Health Fitness Centers should provide a
Membership or Identity card for Gymnasium members similar to college identity cards, where only and only if the identity cards are shown by the member before entering the Gym or Fitness center,
then the member is allowed to use the facilities of the Health fitness centers or Gymnasiums.

It is the responsibility of the Gym/Fitness center owners to manufacture those identity cards.

Do you feel this should become a compulsory or mandatory rule or policy made by the Gym/Fitness center owners ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

That is a nice feature and we have that in one of the facilities we own. It was like that when we bought the gym. As a matter of fact you can't get in the door without using your card to open the door...much like a hotel room.  Anyway, the cost of converting is too much for our other facility. So while its nice, I don't think it should be mandatory.  
Be well! Karen

Weightlifting & Exercise

Karen Fili Sullivan

Get on the inside track with Karen and her daily advice. Or on FacebookLIKE us at ZWL - Zen of Whole Living I have more than 30 years experience and can help with lifting technique, muscle recovery, weight loss, body building and powerlifting. I've been certified by AFPA as a Personal Trainer and 12 years ago acquired a second certification from the same agency as a Post Rehabilitative Exercise Specialist. Any recommendations or advice rendered are based on fitness information as specified by the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Fitness Professionals and Associates. Follow my Blog on

Almost 25 years coaching and training. Wow! I feel old. Before that I was a competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter (ask my Chiropractor -- he can tell you). I have trained kids ages 12 to 89. From sports specific training to stroke rehabilitation. I love helping people move more gracefully, powerfully and safely.

A few.

Published in Spring of 2013 The Zen of Weight Loss: A Mindful, Livable Approach to Fitness Get your copy at Square Market.

English with a Journalism concentration was my college education. My training has been with my mentor, Jack Michaels, ACSM and professor at the College of William and Mary. My certifications are with the American Fitness Professionals and Associates. AFPA. I hold a certification as a Personal Trainer and a Post Rehabilitation Exercise Expert (Isn't that a mouthful?l). My continuing education requirements have been fulfilled at a number of organizations and are monitored by AFPA. I keep my Red Cross CPR and First Aid current.

Clients include athletes training for marathons, mountain climbing and general weight loss. In addition I have clients troubled with COPD, Fibromyalgia, and Parkinsons as well as stroke rehab. She was the Strength and Conditioning coach for Williamsburg Aquatic Club, a USA Swim Team, in Williamsburg, Virginia for 3 years.   Karen is presently working at Main Street Gym in Historic St. Charles, Missouri where she teaches Pilates and continues her work with clients. Her training reaches across the country with her long distance Body Restoration eTraining. Her dedication to fitness reaches into the nutritional supplementation with Shaklee products. She only works with clients who add nutritional supplementation to their training. Read more of her story on