Weightlifting & Exercise/SKLZ bands for BodyBeast

Do any of you use these resistence bands?
are these bands any good? are they what they say they are(are they as heavy as they say?)? I have not been able to find any reviews or ratings of them.
I'm doing P90X, and I want to do Body Beast afterward, and some sites said that very heavy resistance bands would work(for BB). They mentioned that there are resistance bands of up to 100 pounds that would work, and these are the only ones like that i can find like that. the recommendation is that i use dumbbells, but they're expensive, I don't want to spend my money on 5+ dumbbells. I'm looking for alternatives. Would these work?

Hi Sam,

The better bands work just fine, my wife and I have both used them and they do give a good resistance and workout.

You can also consider adjustable dumbells, which are pretty reasonable, and if you like yard sales you can usually pick them up for not much at all. I have some real nice ones that I paid less than 1.00 for at a yard sale and auction sales can be even better. Picked up a cross country ski machine for 2.00 at an auction. Watch sales and such too at other places, picked up a roman chair at Hibbets Sports for 50.00 (249.00 retail) because it was last years model and they needed to make room for the new stuff.

I have several sets of bands also, when I was training people in their homes, bands were a mainstay and they do work.

Have a great day

Weightlifting & Exercise

Jerry Goodwin

I can answer questions related to any of the following areas alternative medicine, fitness, physical education, weight training, senior health, bicycling, personal trainers, personal training, medical technology, health and wellness, eating disorders, weight loss, Naturopathy, first aid, and bodybuilding. In fact I was listed as an expert in each of these categories at askme.com until they closed down

I have worked in health and or fitness related capacities for over 30 years. My main profession is that of a Medical Technologist, but I also have training as a Corpsman with the US Navy, a Field Medic with the Army National Guard,and am certified as A Personal Trainer, Medical Exer-therapist and Aerobics Instructor through the National Academy for Health and Fitness. My wife and I have operated BMG Services Fitness and Nutrition in Moultrie Georgia since 1995. I also have an Associates Degree in Computer Robotics. I am an avid bicycle rider, mostly road riding with the occasional mountain trail or off road "experience". My wife and I usually do a charity ride at least once per year to help those less fortunate. Degrees & Certifications: Certifications include Clinical Laboratory Scientist CLS/NCA. Clinical Laboratory Technologist CLT/HHS Personal Trainer, Aerobics Instructor, and Medical Exer-therapist NAHF. Advance Weight Training through NAHF. Accepted as AFTA Associate Awards include the Ohio State Award of Merit and Ohio Special Services Ribbon, Army Commendation Medal and 2 Army Achievement Medals CPR re-Certifcation 2007 Web page: http://www.bmgfitness.com http;//www.healthandfitnessebookclub.com