Weightlifting & Exercise/high intensity training vs. high volume training

Hi Jerry,
         I have come across many articles on High Intensity Training and High Volume Training. All articles state positive arguments about their approach while decimating the other. All of this is very confusing. Few of them suggest to mix them but don't tell how. What are your views on these training methods? If mixing both is the solution, then please provide a sample of using both methods in a single workout .....Thanks in advance

Hi Sukanto,

I have always said  and still believe today that the best type of workout is the type you will do and continue to do. That could be weights, Running, cycling or whatever. HIIT, ZCycling, running, dancing any exercise is a lot better than none at all.

Here is an article on combining the ones you asked about, hopefully that will help.

Have a great day

Weightlifting & Exercise

Jerry Goodwin

I can answer questions related to any of the following areas alternative medicine, fitness, physical education, weight training, senior health, bicycling, personal trainers, personal training, medical technology, health and wellness, eating disorders, weight loss, Naturopathy, first aid, and bodybuilding. In fact I was listed as an expert in each of these categories at until they closed down

I have worked in health and or fitness related capacities for over 30 years. My main profession is that of a Medical Technologist, but I also have training as a Corpsman with the US Navy, a Field Medic with the Army National Guard,and am certified as A Personal Trainer, Medical Exer-therapist and Aerobics Instructor through the National Academy for Health and Fitness. My wife and I have operated BMG Services Fitness and Nutrition in Moultrie Georgia since 1995. I also have an Associates Degree in Computer Robotics. I am an avid bicycle rider, mostly road riding with the occasional mountain trail or off road "experience". My wife and I usually do a charity ride at least once per year to help those less fortunate. Degrees & Certifications: Certifications include Clinical Laboratory Scientist CLS/NCA. Clinical Laboratory Technologist CLT/HHS Personal Trainer, Aerobics Instructor, and Medical Exer-therapist NAHF. Advance Weight Training through NAHF. Accepted as AFTA Associate Awards include the Ohio State Award of Merit and Ohio Special Services Ribbon, Army Commendation Medal and 2 Army Achievement Medals CPR re-Certifcation 2007 Web page: http;//