Weightlifting & Exercise/Overtraining?

Question
I was wondering what you would think of doing a workout like the crossfit workout of the day in the morning and a split bodybuilding type routine in the evening. Would this lead to overtraining? Because I want to look good but I don't want to have muscles that are only for show and lack in the function and performance department. So what is your opinion on this.

Answer
Hello Tony

The problem begins with weightlifting when you train continually day after day. Your body has to be allowed rest to recover. If no rest, your muscles do not get any bigger or stronger.

So if you did crossfit in the morning, and bodybuilding in the evening, that iw fine. As long as you have 1 or more days of actual rest from any weightlifting. Do aerobics on your non-lifting days.

Hope this helps. Good lifting.

Weightlifting & Exercise

David Dickeson, A.S.