Weightlifting & Exercise/home workouts

Question
Hi
I've had a busy and stressful time recently and I haven't been able to go to rye gym. As a young man my fitness and appearance are important to me. I enjoy working out and weight lighting. Recently, I have been doing my workouts at home with videos on youtube and a pair of dumbbells. I have done videos by people like mike Chang and Scott Herman and I.only search for intense workouts.
My question is.... Are these workouts as good/better/worse than going to the gym? will I gain more muscle by doing weight video workouts which have new and intense exercises or more from traditional gym exercises? Thanks

Answer
Hello Tony

Any form of lifting is good. Even a couple of pails of water will work.
To the body, weight is weight.
Whether it be rocks, or olympic plates.

If muscle mass is your goal; lift once a week. The recovery time is when you build muscles. Not during the lifting. As many days as you can, do stretching and aerobics.

If intense is aerobics, then do it as much as you can. If the intense is lifting heavy; remember, once a week.

Thanks for the question. Hope this helps.

Weightlifting & Exercise

David Dickeson, A.S.