Weightlifting & Exercise/Query re weightloss

Question
Hello,

I am rather obese and am having trouble reducing weight. I have been told that (raw?) (decaffeinated)green coffee sticks contain a substance that will make weight-loss easier as it helps to burn the fat faster etc. What do you think?

Given that I am having such difficulty losing weight, I am also planning to go to the gym regularly once I get my membership and will use weight-training a lot. What would you recommend me doing re aerobic and anaerobic activity in this regard? I should add that I am 42, with lots of central strength and (genetically-) weak wrists and ankles.

HTH,
RPG.

Answer
Hi Geoff. My apologies for the delay in responding. There seems to have been an issue with the relay from all experts to my email.  

Barring thyroid or endocrine irregularities, trouble losing weight translates to "eating too much of the wrong foods and not moving enough" .  The effects of green tea are negligable at best and certainly won't do a whole lot to help with weight loss. There are not quick fixes or miracles, only science and consistency.

If you want to "make weight loss easier" there are several principals you must follow. This article   The secret To Achieving The Body Of Your Dreams explains each one.

What you put in your mouth is going to account for 70% of your weight loss results. I would suggest you read  my article The Big Calorie Lie _Why Counting Calories Is Making You fatter  for a basic understanding of what a properly balanced day of food would look like.

Lastly, as I said in my first article, there really isn't a reason to go to the gym to get started losing weight and weight training is definitely NOT the best way to get to your goals. Unless there is a disease of which I'm not aware, it's most likely not that your wrists and ankles are "weak", it's more like the muscles which support them are weak or you are trying to lift is too heavy. You can check out this workout  for a good example of an easy, fat blasting, strength building workout you can do at home, NOW

If you feel you need a more detailed workout or nutrition plan, feel free to check out my digital program  How To Lose Weight and Reshape Your Body In 21 Days

Feel free to e-mail me with any other questions if anything I said doesn't make sense

Dianne  

Weightlifting & Exercise

Dianne Villano