Weightlifting & Exercise/Weight loss

I am rather obese and am having trouble reducing weight. I have been told that (raw?) (decaffeinated)green coffee sticks contain a substance that will make weight-loss easier as it helps to burn the fat faster etc. What do you think?

Given that I am having such difficulty losing weight, I am also planning to go to the gym regularly once I get my membership and will use weight-training a lot. What would you recommend me doing re aerobic and anaerobic activity in this regard? I should add that I am 42, with lots of central strength and (genetically-) weak wrists and ankles.

I have never heard of these coffee sticks, so I would be cautious utilizing them.  Anything that proclaims to make weight loss faster usually isn't what it seems.  But maybe it is.  Do your research thoroughly.  I will say if you watch your diet (what you are putting in your mouth) and eat cleaner foods (fruits, vegetables, low-fat meat) this will aid your fat loss.

I would do a combination of weight training and cardio.  The cardio I would pick something that will get your heartrate up and that you will tolerate for 15-20 minutes.  I would do an interval type aerobic activity, where your intensity is pretty hard for a short duration, then it goes down for a time to recover, then back up again.  Like sprinting for 10 seconds, then jogging for 20.

The weight training I would do a total body routine (a basic exercise that hits each muscle group).  I would do that three days a week giving yourself a day's rest inbetween.  I can't get anymore specific because that isn't how this forum works, but hopefully that will give you a start.

Weightlifting & Exercise

Adam Kessler

I am a speed expert. I can answer any questions you have in regards to getting faster and quicker. Also, any other sport-specific training questions that you may have. Strength training is important to developing speed so if you are an athlete needing help on your strength program, I can also provide assistance.

If you have general questions about weight loss or gain, I have created a document that answers a lot of those questions. If your question falls in this area, please download this document and read what you need to do. This will save me and you time. Please click here to download this document. I will NOT answer any general weight loss/weight gain questions that does not pertain to an athlete.

Also, please don't ask me to give you a workout to do. I can't give individualized workouts over this forum. I know nothing about you. If you misinterpret what I'm saying, get hurt, then I get in trouble. So no workouts period.

Take a look at our document, The Secrets to Their Success. Over 100 athletes and coaches that have worked with our program give their data of improvements and testimonials about the help we were able to provide for them. You can download that free document here to see the changes these athletes had by working with us. CLICK HERE www.fitnessplanning.com/success.htm.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking here!.

Become a fan of my Facebook Fan Page, by clicking here!

I have had over 16 years of experience in the health and fitness field. The last 9, I started and have been running my own personal training company. I was the head strength coach of an area high school for 4 years before committing to my company full-time.

I am a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association. I also belong to USA Weightlifting.

I have been the feature of several articles in Columbus Business First and Mid-Ohio Golfer. I have written articles for various online article directories which can be found by Google searching my name. I have presented at several state and local strength and conditioning clinics.

B.A. at Indiana University (1994)
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
USA Weightlifting Sport Performance Coach