Weightlifting & Exercise/rebuilding the body

I am 25 and a male and in the past year ive destroyed my body with drugs and poor nutrition and hard living and lots of injuries i am very weak anymore but ive gotten sober and would like to re build my body is there any advice for starting from scratch and getting back in shape i get winded walking around the block and sore for a week after unloading a truck at work my posture is poor diet is still awful like any tips or ideas help im starting from scratch.

Hi Anthony congratulations for the healthy start, just moving more often and adding in a good walking program will help get your endurance on the right track.

I have attached a couple of links from my blog you may find helpful.  Good luck with the rebuild.

Weightlifting & Exercise

Karen Skidmore

I can answer questions in the following areas: general fitness questions, strength training, flexibility, aerobic training, balance training and corrective/rehab training. Please no questions regarding specific injuries I would need more information then what you can provide in an email to answer these questions accurately. You must be 18 years or older to ask me a question. If you need more in depth help or would like help with your specific workout plans please visit my website. I offer online training and phone consultations. www.completely-fit.com. I also offer a monthly newsletter.

I am the owner of the Completely Fit personal training company located in Mt. Airy, Maryland. My company offers one-on-one, online and group fitness training services, sports performance and team training, weight education classes and healthy lifestyle seminars. Before starting my own company I taught health and physical education for 10 years. I have been the featured speaker on topics such as fitness and exercise, proper nutrition and health awareness. I graduated from Edinboro University with a degree in education specializing in athletic training. I gained my NATA certification in 1994. I also maintain certifications as a personal trainer with NCSF & NSPA, as a performance enhancement specialist with NASM, as well as an exercise development specialist and a nutrition specialist. Calling on my experience with college athletes and teaching middle school students, I decided to use my knowledge to educate the general public on the benefits of physical fitness and healthy eating habits. I enjoy working with people and helping them achieve each and every one of their goals. Completely Fit offers services to everyone, from beginners to professional athletes.

NATA NASM NCSF Lifestyle Management Assoc.

certified athletic trainer performance enhancement specialist certified personal trainer nutrition specialist Integrative Movement Specialist